2 Corinthians 10:4-5 - Jesus Journaling

Check out this Creative journaling approach to 2 Corinthians 10:4-5. #CreativeJournaling #BibleJournaling

Hi! I'm Gail. My quiet time has been enhanced by creative journaling.

This is an example of my creative journaling of 2 Corinthians 10:4-5:

"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."

I love this passage. 

I illustrated the stronghold as a brick wall, but made it a wall with weak spots because everything the world "builds" has flaws. 

I used a large hand at the top to illustrate that God is fighting for us. If we were fighting on our own (as the world does), the hand would be tiny in comparison, but we don't depend on our strength. 

When we depend on God's "weapons," we have "divine power" against the false arguments and pretensions of the world.

After journaling this passage, I was prompted to study it more deeply, looking at an Old Testament passage where God destroyed a literal stronghold with divine weapons and seeing what Scripture says about the divine weapons we can use to destroy strongholds.  I wrote this devotion based on that study: Tearing Down Strongholds.


Creative Tips: I did this drawing in a regular Bible, so I taped a piece of paper to the page with archival quality page-patching tape. I can lift the drawing like an extra page and read the full text. 

Check out this Creative journaling approach to 2 Corinthians 10:4-5. #CreativeJournaling #BibleJournaling




No comments:

Post a Comment