2 Corinthians 10:4-5 - Jesus Journaling

Hi! I'm Gail. My quiet time has been enhanced by creative journaling.

Below is my journal for 2 Corinthians 10:4-5:

"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."

The weaponos we fight with have divine powerI wrote a devotion about this Scripture called Tearing Down Strongholds.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I encourage you to check out my homepage and sign up for a free subscription while you are here. My 1-minute devotions are a fast read and they might give you inspiration for some creative journaling!  
--------------------------------------------------------

I love this passage. It tells us that we don't need to resort to the world's methods when facing opposition to our faith and our Christian values.

Perhaps the most important weapon we have is prayer.

This passage also confirms our need to take our own thoughts "captive" - renewing them in Christ.

Creative Tips: I did this drawing in a regular Bible, so I taped a piece of paper to the page with archival quality page-patching tape. I can lift the drawing like an extra page and read the full text. If you are interested in creative journaling, check out my Facebook page Jesus Journaling.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...