4 Ways Christians Can Stand Firm in a Declining Nation

Our Christian faith has become increasingly unpopular in our secular culture. This 1-minute devotion addresses 4 ways we can stand firm. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

I love my country even though I'm disappointed in the decline in moral values.

It's been hard for me as a Boomer(1) to realize we've moved so far from the America of my childhood where we prayed and read Scripture in public school.(2) 

But it's important we Christians understand we're not living in a Christian nation. 

1. We must be different, like lights shining in the cultural darkness (Philippians 2:14-16).
Let's evaluate entertainment standards, friendships, life goals, and morality in light of Scripture, not popular opinion (Ephesians 4:17-24).

2. We must view ourselves as missionaries in our culture. 
Let's develop a genuine interest in non-believers, interacting with them in appropriate ways and learning how to share our faith (Colossians 4:5-6).

3. We must stand firm.
Let's refuse to give up when our faith is mocked (John 15:18-19; Matthew 10:22).

4. We must pray.
Let's not just talk about praying, let's actually pray (2 Chronicles 7:14; 1 Timothy 2:1-4)!

We can't do it on our own, but we can do all these things through Christ (Philippians 4:13)!
----------------------------
(1) born between 1946-1964
(2) I lived in 21 different cities before 7th grade. Prayer and Scripture were not part of every school, but there were schools where we read Scripture each morning. And I distinctly remember my fourth grade teacher leading us in prayer for the May 5, 1961, space flight of Astronaut Alan Shepard who became the first American to be launched into space. 

Our Christian faith has become increasingly unpopular in our secular culture. This 1-minute devotion addresses 4 Ways we can stand firm.




Bible Love Notes

6 comments:

  1. So glad I found your site on Pinterest. Very easy to follow & understand. I am a boomer also and fell like I'm living in another world. I agree with you & what you share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born in 1967 and remember my 1st grade teacher leading us in prayer (God is great, God is good...) when we lined up at the door to go to lunch. You sure couldn't do that now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was born in 1964 and I too feel like
    I am living in another world. People have become so selfish and self absorbed. Most don't feel rules apply to them. It is scary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am so glad I found you on Pinterest! I feel so blessed that God allowed our paths to cross. Sometimes I feel so alone in this world and need to be reminded this isn't our home. So many times I have been praying about a matter and You send me a me a post that nails it! God is so good!and I too am a boomer!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That blesses me to hear, Debbie. May God give us both the courage and wisdom to live for him and stand firm.

      Delete
  5. Yes this Nation is waxing cold we need to stand on solid rock of Jesus
    We need Him
    We can't do it on our own

    ReplyDelete