Dreamin' of Heaven

Orlando, Florida may be the fantasy capital of the world, and it brings to mind a very important aspect of our human nature and our faith.

When I first visited Orlando, Florida, I realized why it's called the "Theme Park Capital of the World." 

Disney World theme parks and resorts cover 30,000 acres. As if that weren't enough, there's the competitive Universal Studios, the legendary Sea World, plus a plethora of smaller amusement parks like Legoland, Aquatica, and Discovery Cove.

All of these theme parks are successful because people love fantasy. There are a number of negative applications I could make about our desire to fantasize, but there's also a very positive one.

C.S. Lewis put it this way:
“If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.” 

Orlando, Florida may be the fantasy capital of the world, and it brings to mind a very important aspect of our human nature and our faith.
We love imagining things beyond our world because our spirits are designed for more than our present reality. We know there is something missing.  

Most of the world thinks they can fulfill their longings with health, wealth, fame, or fantasy.

Christians know that "our citizenship is in heaven" (Philippians 3:20-21). We will only be fully satisfied when we gaze into the eyes of our Savior...and that's better than any fantasy we could create.

Some Scriptural encouragement:

This is one of my favorite promises:
1 Corinthians 13:12: "For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."

2 Corinthians 4:18: "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

John 14:3: "When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am." ~ Jesus 


Bible Love Notes

5 comments:

  1. Great thought by Lewis, and application. If we really grasped how we are "made for another world," it would transform our daily routines and choices.

    If all that goes into eternity are the souls of people and the Word of God, that must be our priority. I find I fall so short and substitute lesser priorities, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Dawn, you're so right. If only we could live minute by minute with this awareness that we are made for another world it would transform our lives.

      Delete
  2. Hi Gail, I love that quote. Although my imagination is seriously not very good, I too am made for another world. Great post my friend
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heaven has been on my mind. God😭😭

    ReplyDelete