A Note from Michael and Gail

Michael and Gail share the mission of Bible Love Notes Devotional Blog.

We have a special message today instead of our regular one-minute devotion...

If you look at the Bible Love Notes archives, you'll find just about every type of devotion you can think of, many of which are purely encouraging, focusing on things that aren't particularly difficult. (Devotions by Subject 1, Devotions by Subject 2, Devotion Series)

There's nothing wrong with that kind of devotions. And we'll continue to share them from time to time.

But the last few years, my husband and I have felt that God has been laying stronger, harder messages on our hearts, letting us know that the church is heading for trouble if we don't prepare for the battles raging around us.

At times I find myself in tears because of what is happening in our world. Not grieving simply because something has affected someone I know, but burdened in a general sense for the world and the church.

I'm deeply grieved about the evil being promoted and accepted in our world. I'm deeply grieved over the way remnant believers are being silenced and criticized inside and outside of the church. And I'm grieved by the false teachings being accepted by more and more ministries and churches that once held solidly biblical beliefs.

Michael and Gail share the mission of Bible Love Notes Devotional Blog.
You'll still get a variety of devotions on Bible Love Notes, but our focus is preparing ourselves and our readers for the increasing tide of evil, persecution, and censorship we are facing. We'll address sources of compromise even if they are found in extremely popular books, movies, songs, or mini-series, even if they contain more good than error. Why? Because whenever we accept errors, we open ourselves up to further deception and compromise. Some will call that being petty, but we believe God calls it being faithful in small things so we can be faithful in bigger things (Luke 16:10).

We never address strictly political issues, but we'll address moral issues that are tied to politics, moral issues that involve clear biblical truths. Why? Because we can't remain neutral when politics involves things that break God's heart.

We know these things are not as light and easy to digest as purely encouraging devotions, but we believe they are what we need and what our readers need if we are going to fight the good fight and hold onto the faith (1 Timothy 6:12).

My husband and I are not ashamed of the focus of the Bible Love Notes ministry, and we wanted to take this opportunity to explain our calling and purposes to our readers.

In Christ,

Michael and Gail Purath

Michael and Gail share the mission of Bible Love Notes Devotional Blog.



Bible Love Notes

9 comments:

  1. Thank you. We need this. 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michael and Gail. We need the truth, whether it is hard to digest or not. We need that truth to keep us from falling into the trap being set around us. I appreciate your willingness to do this, and I look forward to reading your devotions every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate this as I seek God's will and direction. Shows I used to watch and books I used to read no longer hold an appeal as I want to strengthen myself in God's word. Thank you for your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for staying true to your Calling. This will be hard, and hard for readers, but we must be prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your passion to being true and faithful even in the little things. The church needs to be held accountable and warned about deception creeping in or boldly strutting in. Keep fighting the good fight. May He bless you and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I think that today all believers need guidance in this area more than encouragement - the battles are getting tougher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen!! Thank you as you continue to proclaim truth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so grateful that you are about the truth. So much deception these days, that this is a breath of fresh air to me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete