Magnify the Lord With Me

I was magnifying something I shouldn't when I read Psalm 34:3. So glad God's Word can set us straight. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

I asked myself an important question when I read Psalm 34:3:

"Oh, magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together!"

I asked, "What am I magnifying today?"

I'd been dwelling on sad situations I can't fix, health problems that cause me discomfort, and annoying interruptions in my schedule.

I had to admit I was magnifying my problems, not God.

Psalm 34:3 convicted me.

How do we magnify the Lord? We can't add to His greatness. He is infinitely great already. 

We magnify the Lord by acknowledging His greatness, celebrating it, and proclaiming it.

So I stopped magnifying my problems, acknowledging them, complaining about them, and proclaiming them.

Instead, I acknowledged God's remarkable ability to use bad things in my life for good (Romans 8:28).

I celebrated the fact that He will never leave me but is my constant Helper (Hebrews 13:5-6).

I proclaimed that He alone can set men free (John 8:36).
----------------
Why don't you take a moment and "magnify the Lord with me"?
Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion like this one delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet that will help you add joy and depth to your Quiet Time. Find out more HERE.




I was magnifying something I shouldn't when I read Psalm 34:3. So glad God's Word can set us straight. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

Bible Love Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment