- Hearing your family mock your dreams
- Suffering under your brothers’ jealousy until one day they plot your death
- Watching them count their money as they sell you into slavery
- Making the best of slavery until you’re falsely accused of rape.
- Being thrown into prison, forgotten
- Forced to spend half of your life away from your family
“His feet were kept in chains, and an iron collar was round his neck, until what he had predicted came true. The word of the LORD proved him right.” Psalm 105:18-19 (GNT)
It’s easy to let difficult circumstances swallow our dreams. I know, I’ve done it.
But Joseph inspires me, and helps me get back on track. How about you…have you given up dreams that God wants you to keep?
Today let’s imagine our dreams fulfilled and trust God to fulfill them!
copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011
If you haven't already, read the interesting and faith-filled story of Joseph in Genesis 37-50.
Sign up below for a free subscription and have 1-minute devotions delivered to your email each weekday.