But we don't need justice to prosper spiritually.
Unjust circumstances can sometimes lead to our greatest ministry. Joseph is an example:
- Mistreated by family - His jealous brothers ignored his cries for mercy (Genesis 42:21).
- Mistreated by his captors - Chained, enslaved, lonely (Psalm 105:17-18).
- Put in prison for doing the right thing - the vengeful lie of Potiphar's wife (Genesis 39).
Have you been abused, cheated, or mistreated?
Have you been slandered for doing the right thing?
Joseph probably had deep emotional and physical scars (Genesis 43:30), but he was an overcomer -
He prospered in prison:
1. He believed God had a plan (Genesis 50:20).
2. He believed God could even use the sins of others for his good (Genesis 50:20).
3. He always did his best because he knew God would bless his efforts (Genesis 39:2-6, 20-23, 41:41-44).
Why not do a short Bible study on this devotion HERE.