I believe in humane treatment of animals, but I'm baffled and saddened when someone supports animal rights but also supports inhumane methods of human abortion.*
Making us blind to contradictions is a common method of Satan.
And some of these contradictions have crept into Christian thinking.
- We sometimes esteem ourselves and question God's motives instead of questioning our motives and esteeming God (Proverbs 3:5-6).
- We sometimes think our culture can "update" God's moral laws (Proverbs 30:5).
- We often honor our children instead of training them (Ephesians 6:1-2).
- We often judge our parents instead of honoring them (Ephesians 6:1-2).
- We sometimes love money and use people instead of loving people and using money (Matthew 6:33 & Philippians 2:3-4).
* I oppose abortion for many Biblical reasons (see those Biblical reasons HERE), but I am especially baffled when someone is concerned with the pain of an animal but is unconcerned with the methods of abortion that have no regard for the pain of the unborn child.
If you have had an abortion, I encourage you to read No Laughing Matter. It provides some helpful resources for you at the bottom.