Movin' On

Romans 12:18, live at peace as far as it depends on you, sometimes you need to move on and leave a relationship behind
“Sometimes you just have to erase the messages, delete the numbers, and move on. You don’t have to forget who that person was to you; only accept they aren’t that person anymore.”
Author unknown

Is there anyone in your life who used to be a close friend but now has something against you?

The Bible says you should make the effort to reconcile with them (Matthew 5:23-24).

But suppose you try and they aren’t receptive. Maybe they don't want to talk, don't want to take any responsibility, aren't interested in your relationship, or simply get angry.

Romans 12:18 recognizes we can only do so much when people aren’t receptive.

So, making sure we’ve given it our best, especially making sure we have dealt with all bitterness, we need to move on.

And we can move on with confidence, knowing God will use our pain for good. Friends may change, but Jesus doesn't. Friends may leave, but Jesus won't (Hebrews 13:8; Hebrews 13:5).

Have 1-Minute Bible Love Notes sent to your email box each weekday. It's free


Enter your email address

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! I need to move on....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so good although things like that hurt so much...we need to move on and deal with the hurt because 'hurt' is a form of bitterness. Thanks Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need prayer I'm devastated cuz a friendship is ruined I tried everything to restore it.but it's over now...I wish this person would forgive me but this person will not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Unknown, I'm so sorry that you are suffering over this relationship. I pray that you will take your concerns and regrets to the Lord and let Him comfort and guide you. And I pray that the broken relationship will be restored. In Jesus Name.
      Gail

      Delete
  4. Thank you. I am dealing with this right now and have been for over 30 years. Last Sept., I decided that I would finally close the door, after giving this person multiple chances. This person has a multitude of illnesses, but I continue to pray for healing because even though I'm the bad guy in EVERYTHING, I want restoration in her body and mind for the other loved ones around her.

    I just got tired of being accused of things I never did, and then she was starting to bring my boys into it...and she doesn't even know them. Anyway, thank you. Your daily notes are encouraging and usually spot on to what I need to hear.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...