Gratitude Attitude

Gratefulness, health, optimism, Bible, Philippians 4:6
“A growing body of research suggests that maintaining an attitude of gratitude can improve psychological, emotional and physical well-being. Adults who frequently feel grateful have more energy, more optimism, more social connections and more happiness than those who do not, according to studies conducted over the past decade. They're also less likely to be depressed, envious, greedy or alcoholics. They earn more money, sleep more soundly, exercise more regularly and have greater resistance to viral infections.”
Melinda Beck, Wall Street Journal

That's one reason Philippians 4:6 encourages us to count our blessings every time we make a prayer request. 


When God tells us something to do, it always has multiple benefits. 

So I'm praying that all of us will improve our psychological, emotional, physical and spiritual well-being this week by being thankful with all our hearts!


This week's marriage post is about something I count as a blessing: 6 Benefits of Kissing Your Hubby.



Have my 1-Minute Devotions sent to your email box each weekday. It's free

Enter your email address and VALIDATE the Feedburner email sent to your inbox

6 comments:

  1. Hi Gail, in general I feel good but my back is killing me so I'm moaning all the time. Great encouragement to quit moaning and be thankful.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how funny that is what I said in other words in my post in FB "Thanksgiving is the essence of happiness" I truly believe that we need to constantly review our list of "things to be grateful for". Thanks Gail!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful of God to "wire" us so that thanksgiving is good for us! By the way, I am giving thanks for Bible Love Notes and the author :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *know* I feel better when I focus on what I have rather than what I don't, count my blessings instead of tabulating what I still wish I had.

    Thank you for sharing in the GRAND Social!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing and linking up:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for sharing this post, Gail!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...