Bad People Know Little About Badness

Romans 5:3-5, using our difficulties for good, C.S. Lewis bad people know little about badness
“...bad people, in one sense, know very little about badness. They have lived a sheltered life by always giving in. We never find out the strength of the evil impulse inside us until we try to fight it: and Christ, because He was the only man who never yielded to temptation, is also the only man who knows to the full what temptation means…” 
C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity 

When we are faced with a temptation and stand firm, we understand both the power of evil and the power of Christ. And by standing firm, we build character. And character gives us future hope and success. 

“Because [Christ] himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted….[and our] suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit…”   Hebrews 2:18; Romans 5:3-5

No difficulty or temptation is wasted when it produces character in us.
 
Have my 1-Minute Devotions sent to your email box each weekday. It's free


Enter your email address

9 comments:

  1. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never thought about bad people this way. Its right on though. On even my good days, my ole flesh wants to rise up, whether its a thought, a comment (which as I get older, it seems to get harder to keep words from flying out, lol) an attitude or even an action. I have been praying that God would give me something to share with my 15 yr old son, before his school year begins. I believe this will be a portion of what I share with him. Temptations come in so many ways, and satan will trip us up if we are not on guard. Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just recently subscribed and let me tell you! I LOVE these one minute devos! thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing this post was today!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail, thank you for your comment, and I'm so excited to find your blog! I love the short and sweet nuggets of wisdom, and I particularly needed this one, as I'm approaching a "line in the sand" decision about my weight. I'm looking forward to reading lots more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen! That is all I can say.... Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never thought about it like this. Very thought-provoking. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice job on this post, Gail! we have to avoid being tempted by Satan and turn to Jesus for comfort.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...