Innocent

1 John 1:8-9claiming innocence, admitting guilt, false innocence, God forgives those who repent
Before reading today's Love Note, would any of you who haven't taken the time to "like" Bible Love Note's Facebook page, please click HERE and "like" it? Thanks! It helps spread the Word!

Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas is home to the Department of Defense maximum-security prison. 

When we were stationed there,* they had a rehab program allowing prisoners on good behavior to bag groceries at the commissary and attend some Christian women’s meetings at the post chapel. 

These men, all who’d committed serious crimes, were accompanied by guards, but this didn’t keep the majority from telling us they were innocent whenever they had a chance. 

You and I can be the same way about our lesser “crimes,” and that’s why God says: 

“If we say we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves…But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong” (1 John 1:8-9). 

Confession draws us closer to God because He esteems those who are humble and contrite (Isaiah 66:2). Today let’s ask God if there are any areas of our lives where we are fooling ourselves.
* My husband was stationed at Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas twice in his 22-year Army career. I understand that they no longer allow prisoners these privileges.

 Be sure to VALIDATE your subscription by clicking link in the Feedburner email sent to your inbox.
Have my 1-Minute Devotions sent to your email box each weekday. It's free


Enter your email address

7 comments:

  1. I am enjoying your posts, thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so true. the trap that often leads me to fooling myself is the temptation to stare at a speck that bothers me in another's eye. when i do that, it sadly blurs my vision to the forest of huge logs in my own eye.

    headed over here as your new neighbor at shanda's OYHTs.
    thx for sharing,
    tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true Gail! We are all sinful and guilty of sin. Sometimes we also say we are sorry regarding our sin when in fact we are only sorry we are caught and therefore sorry regarding the consequences! At work today, I was threatened by someone who just came out of jail a week ago. He asked where I lived and when I refused to tell him, he then said he was going to find out and break into my home! When I told him I'd have to report his threat, he backed off saying "Please don't - I'll go back inside!" He wasn't sorry for intimidating me - he was just sorry he had put himself in a position where he would be put back inside if I reported his threatening talk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I was actually one of the inmate grocery baggers you mentioned. I was in the USDB from 1990 - 1992. You are correct that many inmates said they were innocent. I was not one of those. I am currently blogging the rough draft to my book. It is about my experience in the DB as well as how God used that time to get my attention. If you are interested in what it was like inside, you can read about it here. www.dilemmamike.com/the-fort-leavenworth-story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love stories of redemption. I will definitely take a look at site. Sounds very interesting.

      Delete
  5. Thank you, I know many people have wondered what it was like to be in there as well. Looking forward to your devotions.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...