Conflicted but Flying

Written April 2012

Today I fly...to Hungary. 

We used to live there, and we try to return each year to do ministry and visit friends.

I love Hungary—the sights, the people, the food, the opportunities. I'm also looking forward to meeting with Márta and Edina, who translate and edit A szertet uzenete (the Hungarian Bible Love Notes).

But I’ll be honest…these trips take a lot out of me at 60 years old. I miss my grandchildren, I miss my clothes dryer, my bed, my books….and I miss Panera salads.: )

I feel conflicted.

But I’m at peace* knowing God has things for us to do in Budapest.(1)

Sometimes we think that the center of God’s will should be easy, without conflicts and difficulties. But the commands and stories in the Bible quickly dispel that error.

If we pray for “easy” we’ll be disappointed. But we'll never be disappointed if we pray for God's purpose and God's peace.*
(1) Ephesians 2:10
* John 16:33

The photo to the left is my husband and me with 4 of our little grands on Easter. We're gonna miss them! 

If you'd like to receive Bible Love Notes 1-minute devotions in your email box, sign up below--IT'S FREE.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

8 comments:

  1. Gail, have a safe, blessed and fruitful trip. Love that picture of you and your hubby in front of the bridge and your grandkids are so adorable, God bless them. Yes, God's will is not always comfortable but boy is it fullfilling!

    Much Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diana, and Amen to "not always comfortable but boy is it fulfilling!" : )

      Delete
  2. Praying you will have a speedy adjustment, Gail. Thank you and your hubby for doing God's will by stepping out and reaching others for Him. Safe, safe travels. And do enjoy that food. Yum! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail (and Michael): I've been praying for you and will continue to "pray you along!" I'm going to miss you, but I'm thankful for the technology that will keep us connected long distance. GRATEFUL for the multitude of ways you bless and encourage me! Gail, thanks, as always, for writing the truth in practical, Biblical and creative ways--I appreciate Bible Love Notes SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that all goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are not too old to minister for our Lord. Yes, my old dog can learn new tricks and we can too
    Floyd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Floyd...this old dog is sure trying : )

      Delete
  6. Wow - 2 1/2 months in Hungary! May it be a memorable time for you, and that God will grant grace for the difficult things (as He always does). Some friends of ours (also with Campus Crusade for Christ) are flying to Hungary today with their two young children to serve there long-term. Jared & Abby Alleman. Wonder if you'll be any chance have connection with them?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...