Junk Like Me - God Rescued Me From the Junk Pile of Unbelief - Philippians 2:6-8

Christ saved us from the junk pile, saved by Jesus, re-purposed people
God re-purposes our lives for His glory...

Two weeks ago when we arrived in Budapest, we went walking to stay awake until Budapest bedtime. On our walk, I was delighted to see it was a trash day when Hungarians can pile large items on the street for pick-up. 

I actually like looking through those piles because, in the past, I've found some real "treasures"--things I've re-purposed and enjoyed in my home. I actually like things better when they've been retrieved from their 'former life.'

Some might think it's pathetic to save junk, but not God.

He willingly humbled Himself to save "junk" like me from the pile of unbelief.

Even though all of us turned away and became "worthless" (Romans 3:12), God "gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave ... and died a criminal’s death on a cross"  in order to save us (Philippians 2:6-8).

I'm so grateful to be picked up from that trash pile and re-purposed in His service. How about you? 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Gail! Greetings from the US to you! You and my husband would have such a good time together. He loves to go garage sales, and has brought back a HUGE television that he picked off the side of the street.

    And what a fun thing to do while trying to stay awake :)

    Yes, I am so glad that God does not see me as junk at all. In that heap, we all sparkle. Don't ask me how, but we do.

    Good to hear from you!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ceil.
      Yes, we "junkers" can get great pleasure out of the oddest things : )

      Delete
  2. I love taking junk and giving it new life...it gives me so much pleasure to see the change in the piece I rescued. What a blessing to think about God pulling me out of the trash and re-purposing my life, and rescuing me.
    What an awesome analogy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Marie, we are alike in enjoying "junk"
      Guess that's part of God's image in us : )

      Delete
  3. But, Gail, what is "the rest of the story?" Did you find anything to bring home? :-) And yes, I do like your analogy! Thanks for your faithful sharing, even from "the other side of the world." Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...