I was talking to a sweet twelve-year-old young lady the other day, and she said, “I hint about Jesus to my friends quite a bit,” meaning she shares little things about her relationship with the Lord with her unsaved friends. She admitted some of them ignore her, but she keeps doing it (Romans 1:16).
💙 Gail shares some thoughts on this devotion in the one-minute YouTube video HERE.
She’s letting her light shine, and I love her way of expressing subtle evangelism (Matthew 5:15-16). Sometimes God has us share the whole gospel all at once, but I think most evangelism starts with “hints,” especially when it involves friends and family members.
Many years ago, I had an unsaved friend surprise me by quickly agreeing to join my Bible study. Later she explained that she’d seen me greet another lady in the study with a friendly hug, and it made her envious of the joy we shared. I was giving her a “hint” about the blessing of Christian fellowship without even realizing it (John 13:35).
One “hint” I’ve found especially productive is offering to pray for a friend when she shares some difficulty. It lets her know I believe in prayer.
“Hints” can also include sharing my own answers to prayer, things the Lord has taught me, ways He’s helped me through a difficulty, or how He's helped me overcome a problem.
What kinds of “hints” have worked for you in sharing the love of Christ with others?
For other insights into evangelism, see We're Not All Gung Ho Evangelists and Listening for Opportunities.
One way to encourage a friend's faith is to help them find a good devotional.
Wisdom for Life is a great choice because the devotions are short and easy to read, but packed with Scripture!



No comments:
Post a Comment