Have you ever thought of making deliberate plans to overcome temptation? Christ's temptation in Luke 4:1-13 is a good place to start.
1. Christ was alone, fasting, and ready to launch His ministry.
2. Satan tried to get Jesus to make selfish choices instead of submitting to God’s plans.
3. Satan misused Scripture but Jesus responded with the correct use of Scripture.
2. We should question decisions that place more emphasis on our personal desires than on God's will (Matthew 16:24).
3. We should be aware that Satan twists Scripture. The better we know Scripture, the less likely we'll be deceived (2 Timothy 2:15).
If there are areas where you've repeatedly given in to temptation, pray today about making a plan for success.
I encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. It contains 100 one-minute devotions to challenge, encourage, instruct, and inspire your love for God's Word: Wisdom for Life. Read the story behind Wisdom for Life HERE. And find out about the two free Bible studies with purchase HERE. You can read the first 4 devotions in the book by clicking "look inside" on Lifeway or Amazon.
I also encourage you to sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.
Bible Love Notes