Can a Mother Forget?

Isaiah 49:15-16, God cares deeply for us
Today's my daughter's 38th birthday. 

And, boy, has God taught me things through this child of mine.

I remember when she was born and I fell deeply in love with her.

And I've never stopped loving her deeply these 38 years even though we'd both admit there were some rough spots.

With 3 of her 4 children-my little munchkins
My experiences as a mom bring added meaning to Isaiah 49:15-16, but you need not be a mom to understand it...you only need to be a child:

"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands..."

This means it's more possible for me to forget one of my children than for God to forget you and me.

Truly awesome, isn't it?

I'd love to have you subscribe to my 1-minute devotions: 
Join over 1400 others and have Bible Love Notes sent to your email box each weekday.

Enter your email address

7 comments:

  1. What a sweet reminder of the love of God! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.
    happy birthday to your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wonderful when you and your daughter both grow up through all of those challenges to really know and appreciate each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet pictures! Love the blessing my daughter is too : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter is only a day older than me! Happy belated bday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God He cannot forget us! He has us engraved in the palm of His hands.
    Happy Belated Birthday to your daugther!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ugochi. Yes, I am so glad I am engraved on His hands! : )

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...