God Enjoys Us


When my oldest granddaughter was a baby, I learned a wonderful lesson about God’s love. 

Six-week-old Emma had never said anything clever or done anything noble or good. She required constant care and gave nothing tangible in return.  

But whenever I held her, I was overcome with love and enjoyment for her. 

Zephaniah 3:17 says God “will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song.” Zephaniah 3:17 (NLT)

Sometimes it's hard for me to understand how God can enjoy me. So many Christians have done truly remarkable things for His Kingdom. My contributions are so small. Then I think about how much I enjoyed my children and grandchildren before they offered anything in return, and I realize that's how God loves me.

Take that thought with you today--you're His beloved child, and He enjoys you!
© copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011


5 comments:

  1. This is my favorite Scripture. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is definately something that I needed to hear. It brought a tear to my eye. I plan to print this out and read it over and over and over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gail for bringing back this post. I don't think I read it last year, so it was very appreciated. God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail, I remember the first time I ever heard this scripture... I cried and cried because I couldn't imagine God rejoicing over me. You bring such a sweet clarity to the verse when compared to your precious granddaughter. What a beautiful reminder that we are His beloved children. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Empowering! I think of that love every morning as I nurse my baby. It motivates me to make God proud, but frees me by knowing He will always love me no matter what. Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...