Flea Market Trash & Treasure

My favorite flea market in Budapest
When we travel, I’ll choose a flea market over a museum any day. Flea markets are a wonderful study of culture, seeing what people value as trash or treasure.

I’m surprised by some of the high prices and delighted by some of the low prices.

Our lives have some similarities to flea markets. We place value on things everyday, things like honesty, wealth, purity, pleasure, God’s approval, man’s praise, immoral celebrities, godly servants, possessions, people…

We decide what matters most to us.

But God tells us His Kingdom and His values should matter more than anything else in our lives. All other things should be secondary (Matthew 6:25-34).

So today let’s ask God to look at the flea market tables of our lives and show us what trash we’ve overpriced and what treasures we’ve under-priced.
______________________________________

If you'd like to take a walk through an interesting flea market with me, click here: Budapest Flea Market

If you'd like Bible Love Note's 1-Minute devotions delivered to your email: 
For free email delivery enter your email address:


When you subscribe: FeedBurner will send you an email. Click the link in email to start your subscription.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent points! I've started reading a book called "7 - An Experiment in Mutiny Against Excess" by Jen Hatmaker. Very useful for putting a check on priorities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great reminder - this is so easy to forget. God should always be number one. :) I would love for you to link this post over at Loving Life Wednesdays - it will also put you in the drawing to win a $25 Wal-Mart gift card. Blessings, Lauren, lholmes79.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, you don't disappoint me with your devotionals!! Flea markets are fun and the reminder of what matters most in life was such a good comparison. I think I will remember that God is first when I go to a garage sale and these thoughts are brought to my mind.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...