Chocolate Prevents Cavities??

Jesus is the same yesterday today and  forever
I just read that chocolate is a cavity-fighter!

Yea! I knew there was another reason I should be eating chocolate. 

But it makes me think how health recommendations are always changing, aren’t they? 
  • Something we think is good for us like margarine turns out to be full of hydrogenated fats that foul up our system far worse than the butter we avoided.
  • Coffee and chocolate, long considered empty calories with harmful caffeine, now are touted for their many health benefits, especially when they are strong and dark!
  • Doctors once laughed at the foolish idea that their unclean hands could spread disease. Needless lives were lost through their lack of sanitation.
  • We once filled our teeth with mercury fillings, a harmful poison. Now we know better.
Things are always changing and it’s hard to have absolute trust in anything. Except One:
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” Hebrews 13:8
That's something we can always count on!

Chocolate & Dental Health 


Today (7/2/12) is Bible Love Notes' birthday
I began posting devotions July 2, 2011, and God used BLN in 2 powerful ways in my life this last year: to lift me out of a pit of discouragement and to give me meaningful ministry during this stage of my life.

I spend 30-40 hours a week writing, editing, formatting, updating, linking, promoting and learning new things for Bible Love Notes, but I really enjoy what I'm doing. I don't get paid for any of this work, but when some of you let me know a devotion helped you through a rough day, changed your heart, or made you smile, it makes it all worthwhile. 


I know it is God's Word that makes anything I write valuable, and I'm blessed to share things from His Word that are helping me and I hope will help you too.

So on this BLN birthday, I ask that you would give me the gift of prayer. Would you pray for me that I listen to the Lord and write things that please Him? And would you pray that He continues to use Bible Love Notes and A seretet üzenete for His purposes?  Thanks to all of you!
Sign up below to have 1-Minute Bible Love Notes sent to your email box:
For free email delivery enter your email address:


FeedBurner

27 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to BLN! I am a new follower but have really enjoyed reading. Keep up the God work :) (typo on purpose)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kendra! Love your "typo." Bless you, Gail

      Delete
  2. Happy 1st Anniversary! May there be many more, as your work is such an encouraging way to start the day! Praying that you continue to hear His voice so clearly, and that the work will continue to bring you joy.
    Blessings of His perfect peace today and always,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this encouragement and prayer, Shannon! Bless you, Gail

      Delete
  3. HaPpY Birthday!
    what a lovely treat to celebrate with you, Gail!
    Thank you for letting us know & definitely prayers prayed...
    Grace & Peace !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the birthday wish and prayers! Bless you! Gail

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday! I so enjoy gettting your short little notes in my inbox (and read every one beacause they are ALWAYS short and good)! I consider you a friend and am always encouraged by the comments you leave on my blog posts. And thanks for the feature last Friday, I picked up a few new followers (up to 21 now, lol)! Anyhow, you are a bessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement, Angie. So glad I could feature you and glad that others saw how great your blog is too! Bless you, Gail

      Delete
  5. Gail, I am thankful for your dedication to BLN and I so appreciate all the time you spend in giving your readers encouragement and motivation to keep pressing onto the high mark. You have been a blessing to me and I cherish our friendship. Prayers to you as you continue to shine for Jesus! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Brenda. I also cherish our friendship, and I'm surprised how much friendship I feel for someone who I've never met except in cyberspace : )
      Thanks for your encouragement. I always enjoy what you share as well.

      Delete
  6. Hi. I'm new to your site, but already I really like it! I guess it doesn't hurt to talk about the benefits of chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I think God created chocolate for us to enjoy too : )
      Glad you stopped by and left a comment. Bless you, Gail

      Delete
  7. Hello, I am a new follower and a new blogger, congratulations on your birthday, I can only hope that your blog continue to grows, oops, change that I know it will continue to grow! I would like to say that your blogging tips really helped me! love your work.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, I'm so glad to have new friends like you on the blogosphere!

      Delete
  8. Congratulations! You and your blog are such a blessing. Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Bible Love Notes! Thanks Gail. I so appreciate these devotions. Prayers that you will continue for a long time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words and prayers. Bless you! Gail

      Delete
  10. Gail, you are so very special. What you wrote about Bible Love Note's Birthday really touched my heart when you said that it brought you out of a pit of discouragement during this point in your life. Are you serious?? I'm not the only one?? Shhh!! I'm not totally out, but because through writing and encouraging others, I find myself so encouraged. I spend quite a bit of time on my blog. It takes time, time that I have now. You are so far ahead on building your blog. I am quickly coming up on a year myself but don't feel like I have gotten too far yet.

    Love you, Gail, and God bless you and the ministry that you and your husband have in Budapest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judith, I so appreciate you and your thoughtful comments...you have been a blessing in my life, so I know you are in others. And I think we both must be learning that God can use a blogging ministry to pull us out of discouragement and engage our thoughts and energies in positive activities. Yes, last year at this time I was at my lowest of lows in my 60 years of life...and God was so faithful to lift me out of it. Bible Love Notes has definitely been my therapy! And while I feel I'm out of the pit, I daily need to hand over my sorrows and focus on Him. The interesting thing is that my greatest sorrow in life is still there...it has not changed. But God changed my heart and showed me He's enough even if things never change. Thanks again for your encouragement.

      Delete
  11. Congrats on your one year!!!! Always Encouraging, truth spreading and thought provoking. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement. It's always a blessings to hear these things. Bless you, Gail

      Delete
  12. nice posting. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. mmm bring on the chocolate then! :)
    Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love BLN! Happy Birthday and praying for wisdom, boldness, clarity, and strength.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...