All-You-Can-Eat Temptations

temptation, bible, self-control
I avoid all-you-can-eat buffets. 

That’s because my desire to get the most for my money and my love for food typically join forces to defeat my self-control. 

Scripture knows we have these weaknesses:
“The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure” (1 Corinthians 10:13, NLT).

This means God will give us the power to overcome any temptation we must face. Our temptations are no worse than those that others have overcome.

God always provides a way out of temptation if we are willing to take it.  And sometimes His "way out" is to avoid the temptation altogether. That’s why I typically avoid buffets.

Are there areas where you need to concede your weakness and remove yourself from a particular temptation? Think about it, pray about it, and do it.

If you'd like Bible Love Note's 1-Minute devotions delivered to your email: 
For free email delivery enter your email address:


FeedBurner will send you an email. Click the link in that email to start your subscription.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gail - a very well timed post for me. Yes, I think removing oneself from temptation is sometimes the best way to deal with it. We are weak and although God is our strength, we should not place ourselves infront of a moving vehicle and then expect Christ to save us. Better to stick to the pavement :)
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail great post. So true that we need to stay away from those areas where we are weak and always give it over in prayer to God so that we will not stumble and fall.

    Hey by the way, I love what you have done to the place! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! And thanks for the compliment about my new look. I appreciate the encouragement. : )

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...