Do You Know the Secret?

In seminary, I befriended Lani when she almost walked into a wall in the cafeteria. 

I got up to help, and we became friends. It was fun helping her buy Christmas gifts in the campus book store. She said it was her first opportunity to surprise her family members. And it was my first opportunity to explain things without using colors a blind person had never seen.

 Although most sighted people consider blindness the greatest disability, Lani is content and excited about life. That’s because contentment is largely based on expectations. Lani has never had her sight. 

On the other hand, she once told me that being deaf would be the worst thing she could imagine. I think that’s because she’s always been able to hear.

Lani's expectations are more honorable than many of mine. I expect far too much at times and confuse wants with needs. The Apostle Paul tells us there’s a secret to overcoming these expectations and being content in every circumstance. Do you know the secret? Look HERE.


I can't thank you enough....all of you who prayed for the blogging workshop I gave Tuesday here in Budapest. God moved powerfully, overcoming technical problems, bringing 24 excited students, and helping us complete everything I'd planned. 
Next Tuesday (June 26th) we will meet again for more...please keep praying that God will use these workshops to raise up godly Hungarian bloggers! 



 
For free email delivery of 1-Minute Bible Love Notes



Enter your email address

9 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this story contrasted with expectations we might have. I am also wishing I could have listened in on your blogging workshop!!!!

    I have been reading all your posts this week from my phone :-) but I don't like commenting from my phone as it adds confusion to my already...um...confused state!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judith. You are such an encourager!

      Delete
  2. Hi Gail - I love the angle you approached contentment with. Definitely makes one appreciate how content we should be. Praying for your next class that it is even more successful than the last.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Your prayers really helped. Both classes went well. I pray that it will lead to Hungarian bloggers for Christ.

      Delete
  3. Your link title captured my attention, especially positioned next to my own, because I am supposed to lose my eyesight through the coming years, and the process is already happening. There's no known way to reverse or stop this. And I'd always thought vision would be the worst sense to lose. But by God's grace I "see" this situation so differently from how I would have ever predicted. I do think it must be because over the years God has taught me increasing gratitude and contentment, and has given me the best of expectations --- eternal ones, of which I can be sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it interesting that God timed our posts to be next to each others. I'm so sorry to hear about your vision loss, but blessed to hear what God is teaching you. Thanks for sharing this.

      Delete
  4. I found you from Raising Homemakers. Your link caught my eye because I adopted 2 blind childern. They are perfectly content and do not know any other life. THey are a joy, and help me to be content!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless you in teaching Godly blogging My husband had a blind roommate in college. He said it was the best roommate he ever had (aside from me, I hope!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So GLAD I found your blog! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...