Thursday

Whiners

Jesus, Bible, Stop complaining, Israelites complained
God gave the Israelites everything they needed in the wilderness and promised everything they longed for in the Promised Land.

But no matter how faithful He proved Himself, they wouldn’t trust Him.

Sometimes I’m amazed at the Israelites’ persistent unbelief (Hebrews 3:16-19). But recently I’m realizing how much I resemble them. Instead of trusting God that everything will work for my good (Romans 8:28), I often let difficulties erode my joy and faith.

Sometimes I think I can’t have joy unless my difficulties are resolved. Like the Israelites I whine and complain and take all of God’s goodness, mercy, love and provision for granted.

God didn’t promise the Israelites a smooth path, and He doesn’t promise us one either. But He does promise everything we need in this life and everything we long for in the next. 

May the Lord help us stop whining and start rejoicing.
copyright 2012, Gail Burton Purath

"I am so enjoying your Bible Love Notes! They are the best thing as I come into the office to start my day – there’s that little reminder of God’s love, His presence that surrounds me and guides me through my day." JoAnn
Sign up below to have 1-minute Bible Love Notes sent to your email box each weekday...it's free.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this Gail. I've been convicted of this so many times. I read what God did to the Israelites and I shudder to think of what He must think about my lack of trust when I whine! Thank God for grace and may He graciously help me grow in my trust of Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I typically write things that I need to hear myself! Glad you can benefit too. Thanks, Karen.

      Delete
  2. OH HOW TRUE~~ Lately circumstances have had my eyes off the Lord! We have had some things going on recently and God took care of a BIG thing right in the middle of my whining!! SO thankful for HIS GRACE & MERCY!! Despite our difficulties we are VERY BLESSED!! Thanks for this reminder! I may need it again tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is something I need to hear often. I think I'm getting better, but I still have a long way to go. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  3. Hi Gail! Yes God didn't promise a smooth path! I love ordinary days but I know that it is the days of challenge that prod us to grow and learn! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Patsy! I always enjoy your artwork. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Great reminder! I often need to remind myself of Romans 8:28, it's awesome that the God we serve left us these gold nuggets of truth to lean on when times get tough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! I so agree...what would we do without Him and His wonderful Word.

      Delete
  5. Gail, I have caught myself whining many a time and then realized that we are not so far from the Israelite's! They may have had the pillar of fire and cloud to guide them and manna falling from Heaven, but I would say that I see miracles everyday and the Lord's hand heavy in my life. Thank you for this sweet reminder that we need to stop whining and trust Him more! - Nicole @ Working Kansas Homemaker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that, Nicole! I need this reminder constantly.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...