His Story, Not Mine

Ephesians 5:8-9, pleasing the Lord, writing our story,
"After forty years of counseling (and more of trying to get my own life sorted out), I am persuaded that the best thing I can do for people who are struggling with life and for those who are complacent and prematurely happy is to tell the story of God as best I can. The key to living the good life that is available now is to join God’s story, to see life as He sees it and learn to live it as He wants it lived.” Larry Crabb*

Our story is not about finding happiness and comfort. It’s about learning what pleases God (Ephesians 5:8-10). 

If we focus on God’s story, difficulties become opportunities to know and trust him more. If we focus on our story, they become hindrances to faith.

I’m asking God to help me see the bigger purposes of His story even when my story doesn’t make sense and doesn’t feel “happy.” Will you join me?

*Crabb is a well-known counselor, speaker and author. This quote is from the forward of 66 Love Letters, Thomas Nelson Publishing, 2009
 
Have my 1-Minute Devotions sent to your email box each weekday. It's free

Enter your email address and VALIDATE Feedburner email sent to your inbox

11 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you--learning to focus on God's story! I'll pray for you in this very worthy pursuit! Thanks for the encouraging words here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post. You are so right, it's all about Him and not us. Sometimes we need to be reminded to take our eyes off of self. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post. You are so right, it's all about Him and not us. Sometimes we need to be reminded to take our eyes off of self. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we must keep our focus on the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! Thanks you so much for posting! I'm going to share this post with my "facebook friends."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Short blog...heavy message!!!
    It's always... about God!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...