Every Move I Make....No!

Every Move I Make, David Crowder, Song Lyrics too lofty
I was listening to the David Crowder song Every Move I Make.

I like the tune, but I couldn’t sing along.

I suppose the song could mean that without Christ we wouldn’t have life so we couldn’t breathe or move. But it seems to be saying “I live in complete obedience to you, Lord, every moment--with each step, each decision, and each thought.”

I couldn’t sing along because I am in Christ, but I don’t live “in Christ” every moment. I want to, but even on my best days, I fall short.

But I can sing this:
"Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us."
Philippians 3:12,13
Amen!
 
Have my 1-Minute Devotions sent to your email box each weekday. It's free


Enter your email address

4 comments:

  1. I have sang this song numerous times and never thought of it this way. I too fail miserably at living in complete obedience to HIM. I desire your prayers today as yesterday was just a hard day. May God give you the grace and the strength for today!!
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm praying that God will give you great peace and strength today, Piper. I'll be traveling later, and I've put your name on a 3x5 card along with another friend who sent a request this morning. Thanks for your honesty. Gail

      Delete
  2. oh there are so many songs out there I can't sing... but I'm working on! :) just keep pressing on!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...