Underestimating God

We can't overestimate God
One of our biggest human errors is underestimating God.

  • Eve thought eating fruit would make her just like God. (Genesis 3)
  • Cain thought God wouldn’t see him kill his brother. (Genesis 4)
  • The pre-flood population thought God didn’t care about their evil lifestyles. (Genesis 6)
  • The tower-builders thought they could glorify themselves and forget God. (Genesis 11)
  • And the list goes on for centuries…
And I’m ashamed to sometimes be on that list when I look at my problems and underestimate God’s ability to use all things in my life for good. (Romans 8:28).

But I’m praying to be different.

“Sovereign Lord, you made the earth and the sky by your great power and might; nothing is too difficult for you.” Jeremiah 32:17 (GNT)

Dear Lord, may we quit underestimating You!
copyright 2012, Gail Burton Purath  

If you'd like Bible Love Note's 1-Minute devotions delivered to your email: 
For free email delivery enter your email address:


FeedBurner will send you an email. Click the link in that email to start your subscription.

6 comments:

  1. I never really thought about this. I wonder how many times I have underestimated God's ability...although I cringe at the thought that I ever have.
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an understatement!! Our Bible study group is doing Believing God by Beth Moore. Each day of the homework God shows me how much I depend on myself and not HIM!! May I strive to depend more on the Creator of my life than on my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true: maybe partly because he works beyond and above all we could ever ask or imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! Nothing is too difficult for Him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm ashamed to say I'm on that list sometimes, too. I say nothing is too difficult for God then go about worrying how I am going to solve the situation. This was a good reminder for me.

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so easy to do! Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...