Invitation

Mary and Martha, Luke 10, Luke 10:42, Only one thing is needed
In the Bible story about Mary and Martha, Martha was “worried and upset about many things,” focusing on physical preparations instead of time with Jesus. 

Jesus told her, “Only one thing is needed” (Luke 10:42)

WOW! that's an incredible statement...the single most important aspect of Martha's life was her time spent with Jesus. 

This wasn’t a rebuke. It was an invitation. 

Jesus only had a few months of earthly life left, and He stopped by to spend some of it with Mary, Martha, and Lazarus. He didn’t want a fancy meal. He wanted time with His friends.

Jesus is present in our homes too, inviting us to sit at His feet.

Meeting physical needs is necessary and serving Christ is important, but time with Jesus is the foundation for both. Will you join me today in asking God to help us not neglect the "one thing needed"?
© copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011

Take time to read "Do You Keep Christ Waiting?"  for more encouragement in this area.

If you'd like to join me each week day for a one-minute devotion sent directly to your email box, please sign up below
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

7 comments:

  1. This is Martha.... well, not really, but yes I do get so consumed with the worrying the doing and failing to remember "the one thing needed"!
    Thank you for this reminder today...I AM IN NEED OF THAT ONE THING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BINGO! Thank you, Gail, for hitting the mark once again....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm joining you:) Come to my place and see how.
    Blessings to you~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Time with the Lord is such a life-changing big deal. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes i let things of the world steal my time. Lord please help me for I need you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time with Christ is so important. We can find ways to spend time with him. I trust you Lord...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is like hitting my head and telling spending time with God is too important than anything. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...