Thursday

Feeling Rich

1 Timothy 6:6, wealth, world poverty, if the world were a village of 100
A friend, living in a middle class neighborhood, recently met some women at a party. 

One of them immediately told my friend about her prestigious job and exclusive neighborhood, and then asked “What do you do and where do you live?”

There will always be people who have more material possessions than we have, and this can be a temptation.

I admit I sometimes lose my Christian perspective when surrounded by wealth and luxury.

But I’ve spent enough time in poor countries to bring me back to reality.

Did you know:
“If you have food in the refrigerator,
clothes on your back,
a roof overhead
and a place to sleep ...
you are more comfortable 
than 75% of the people in this world.”

If you are like me and are in that 25%, take time today to rejoice. For "godliness with contentment is itself great wealth." (1 Tim.6:6, NLT)
copyright 2012, Gail Burton Purath
This quote from If the World Were a Village of 100

If you'd like Bible Love Note's 1-Minute devotions delivered to your email: 
For free email delivery enter your email address:


FeedBurner will send you an email. Click the link in that email to start your subscription.

4 comments:

  1. I love this...I wrote a post last week about feeling rich...I feel so wealthy with God's love!! Following you from blessingsbyblog

    http://eftinkblessings.blogspot.com/2012/02/feeling-richer.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, and absolutely true. Have been thinking so much about this lately, especially after so many in eastern Europe recently lost their lives to cold weather.... I don't have a lot, but I am royalty in comparison. Trying to put James 2:14-17 in to action as well.... Thank you, Gail, for speaking Truth in to my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This goes right with my word for 2012! Content!! Striving daily for it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...