Buried in a Pot

North Korean lack of Bibles, North Korean persecution of Christians, God's Word
“Every night they went to the garden and dug up a pot. They took out a black book and read from it…They always told us never to say something about the book to other people. I knew they were not playing games with us, and that we all would be killed if other people found out about this forbidden book…”

I probably have 50 Bibles in my home in a variety of translations—large print, pocket-size, loose-leaf, leather, paperback, red-letter, study, devotional, parallel…

I read my Bible in public places with no fear.

And I take this wonderful freedom for granted every day. 

But today, my heart is filled with gratitude for my Bible and my freedom. And my prayers are with North Korean Christians who know better than I do that “man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.” (Matthew 4:4)

For more info about Korean Bible hiders, read here: Open Doors.

 
Have my 1-Minute Devotions sent to your email box each weekday. It's free


Enter your email address

3 comments:

  1. It's so true that we take our freedom to practice our beliefs and express our faith for granted. Thanks for reminding me today of what I have and to be grateful for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! May we treasure His word and our access to it. May we be memorizing it for when the day may come we will not have free access to it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...