God is Seeking Us!

Jeremiah 29:13, if you seek God you find Him
Anyone who seeks God wholeheartedly will find Him..

Did you know Adam lived long enough to know Noah’s father Lamech? So Lamech was able to hear Adam's eyewitness account of the Garden of Eden and tell it to Noah...who was one of the eight survivors after the Flood.

This is just one example of how God preserves, verifies and transmits Truth to us.

On a personal level, I heard about the Gospel from my parents who heard about it from their parents who heard about it from their parents and we all had the Bible to verify what we heard.

God preserves and transmits Truth through people, circumstances, events, signs and wonders. And He promises: 
If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. ~ Jeremiah 29:13 (NLT)

But God isn’t hiding—He’s anxious to be found. You might say He is chasing us so that we can find Him. If you're looking for God in some area of your life, persevere and you'll find him.

This is but another characteristic of God for which I am thankful!
copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2012 

For some more thoughts on the way God chases us, read: The Prostitute

When you subscribe, be sure to validate the Feedburner email sent immediately to your email box.
For free email delivery enter your email address:


FeedBurner

9 comments:

  1. Hi Gail - this is such a great post. How can we doubt the authenticity of the word when God has gone to such great lengths to make sure its preserved. Lovely post to start the week on.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tracy! I need these reminders of God's love to start my week too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reminder. Thanks for sharing this. I am glad I followed the Titus Tuesday link and found you. I'll be following via email. Have a great week,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. So encouraging. God is always waiting, isn't it? So thankful He is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I thank God He gave me such great grandparents and parents! My life is blessed because of them! Have a great weekend! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  6. amen! God is anxious to be found is exactly what i was telling someone last week!
    thanks for sharing,
    hugs, peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  7. great notes of interest and encouragment of Gods love thanks so much for sharing


    come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you included the note that we have the Bible to verify the truth passed on to us. Ultimately, only the Bible stands as God's direct, holy Word to us and is our final and ultimate standard of truth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Gail. Wow, you have an amazing heritage!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...