Even When We Can't See The Good

Minden rosszban van valami jó, In every difficulty there is something good, Romans 8:28
I’ll never forget the time one of my “big sisters” in the Lord woke up to find several inches of water covering her floors because of a broken pipe. Her family had planned to start their vacation that day. Instead, they cleaned up water for several days.

“I’m so thankful this happened before we left instead of while we were gone,” she said, describing the situation.

Funny….that’s not what I was thinking…I was thinking, “What a bum way to spend the first few days of your vacation.”

The Hungarians have a proverb: "In every difficulty there is something good." My friend had the ability to see that good.

As Christians, even when we can’t see the good, we have a promise that it’s there:
“we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28
May we live like we believe this promise!

copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2012
 
Have my 1-Minute Devotions sent to your email box each weekday. It's free
Be sure to validate the Feedburner email sent to you when you subscribe.


Enter your email address

10 comments:

  1. sounds like your friend is a gem ;)

    glad to have found you!

    www.myhappilyeverafteragain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever my Father-in-law was held up in traffic he'd always say, "We might have been involved in an accident." I'm still working on having that perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still working on that perspective too, Pamela! I really think it makes a difference in our attitudes and in our witness to others. And I know that when I have it, I'm much happier! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always remembering His purpose is to make us more like Christ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful way to look at things! thank you for sharing,
    hugs, peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so grateful for people in my life too that help me see things differently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a neat way to look at things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great, positive outlook. Nice to have friends that think that way and can influence your life in that way as well.
    Diane
    Treasuringgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's all in the perspective, isn't it? I prefer to be a "glass half full" kind of girl, but sometimes that is difficult. That's why remembering Romans 8:28 is so important!

    Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...