Wednesday

A Picture is Worth 1000 Words

Parables, Bible's Word pictures
I love sleeping with a hot water bottle to keep warm on cold nights. But I forgot to bring one to Budapest my last trip.

I tried explaining what I wanted in several stores, but since I speak very  little Hungarian, no one understood. So I drew a picture. That did the trick. 

It's true: “A picture is worth a thousand words.”

Pictures help us understand things even when there’s no language barrier. I think that’s why Christ used lots of word pictures…stories and parables to help us "see" what He meant…to imagine His principles in real life situations…creating pictures in our minds. (Matthew 13)

This may seem insignificant at first, but thinking about it makes me love Christ all the more. 

He speaks to us in ways we can understand. He’s makes things personal, interesting, relevant. Two thousand years ago, He told stories that still change my life today. 

my very basic drawing worked!
I’m Rejoicing in God’s wonderful Word pictures today! Will you join me?
copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011

You can subscribe below. Be sure to validate the Feedburner email sent to your inbox when you subscribe.   
For free email delivery of Bible Love Note

Enter your email address

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I'll join with you in rejoicing, Gail! I'm so glad God "speaks my language."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail,

    Thanks for the follow on Get Wired Wednesday Blog Hop! I just followed your blog back. I liked the post you wrote about Louis Braille

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi neighbor...I love He uses many ways for us to understand all He has to say to us...
    blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes. He speaks in many different ways. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! God knows how to reach everyone right where they are, and that is such a miracle.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...