God's Unseen Footprints

Psalm 77:19, God's path through the Red Sea
I’m an experienced mover having moved almost 40 times in my 60 years of life. But that doesn’t mean our moves have always gone smoothly.

One time we arrived to pick up a moving truck we’d reserved, to find it wasn’t available, nor was there another truck available in the whole city that day!

Our situation seemed impossible.

In the Bible, the Israelites also faced an impossible situation as they stood between the Red Sea and the angry Egyptian army. But Psalm 77:19 tells us that God loves an impossible challenge.

“Your path led through the sea, your way through the mighty waters, though your footprints were not seen.” 

God did something they couldn’t imagine—He parted the Red Sea.
In our "impossible" situation, God sent an unexpected visitor, a friend with an empty truck headed in the same direction we needed to move!

Are you facing an impossible situation? Pray until you see God’s ‘unseen’ path.
copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011 

 Sign up below and validate the feedburner email sent immediately to your inbox.
For free email delivery of Bible Love Note

Enter your email address

7 comments:

  1. I think a lot of times people give up too easily. They know to pray, but they pray one time for a miniute or two, and if they don't see results within just a short time, they give up and say "God didn't answer their prayers. We had an anagram up on a sign in our church for a good while. P.U.S.H. Yes, push. Pray Until Something Happens. A lot of times,God may be having us wait, to increase our faith, or he might even be using someone else to help us to teach them something. Don't get impatient or give up. You might be God's blessing to someone else.

    God Bless,
    PJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, thank you for the "push" 😉

      Delete
  2. Good thoughts, PJ. Thanks for sharing them. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail, God uses your "Bible Love Notes" in timely and powerful ways in my life--THANK YOU for your faithfulness in writing them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can I say but quite simply, "another excellent post". Have you thought about recording them in a book Gail?

    This particular post reminds me of my favourite quote at the moment: "“Faith does not operate in the realm of the possible. There is no glory for God in that which is humanly possible. Faith begins where man's power ends.” ~ George Mueller

    P.S. I posted a reply to your comment on E1A. I'm not long home from work (work full-time) and that's why it took so long showing on my blog. I was thinking about taking off comment moderation but I think it's a good thing to leave it on - I can also read the comments from the dashboard which is helpful and hopefully no comments get missed in way of reply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Wendy, you won't believe this...well, actually you will : )
      But just yesterday the lady who translates my devotions into Hungarian said she thinks we should record them and put them on the Hungarian site because she thinks people would like to listen as well as read them and she also said there is a big institute for the blind in Budapest where the recordings would be useful. Since we're leaving in less than a week to head back to the States, she and I decided to pray this year and look into ways to put the recording on the blog. It will be our project for next year. And what you've said is a kind of confirmation that I should be looking into recording the English as well as the Hungarian devotions. Oh! I'm excited!! Thanks for taking time to comment...God used you. And I love the Mueller quote.

      Delete
  5. Great post. The signs drew me in. I found this post at Inspire me Monday. Hope you'll stop over and visit me at Quirky Vistas!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...