Scrape...Scrape...Scrape

doing all things for the Lord, Colossians 3:23
Scrape…scrape…scrape…

One by one he scraped old flyers from poles on the Budapest sidewalk. 

I was sitting in my favorite restaurant, writing. Well, actually, I was looking out the window...and I saw him.

I’ve lived in Budapest almost 5 years on and off, but I'd never seen anyone doing his job. Oh, I’d seen those sidewalk poles full of old flyers announcing sale items, concerts, or flats for rent. But I’d never thought about someone cleaning them.

Scrape…scrape…scrape…he did his job, although no one noticed, and no one stopped to thank him.

Scrape…scrape…scrape…

Sometimes I feel like that man. Does anyone notice what I do?

Then I remember…
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." (Colossians 3:23,24)

Scrape…scrape…scrape… 
Thank-you, Lord, for that promise.
Sign up below to have 1-Minute Bible Love Notes delivered to your email box.
For free email delivery enter your email address:


FeedBurner

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely thought just scraping along for the Lord doing our part! If no one else notices, God certainly does. Keep doing the scrape scrape - - it means a lot to someone and you may never know until later how very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I'm faithful at my scrape job. This is such a good analogy. I'll think of the "scrape, scrape, scrape" when I see a pole full of fliers. Love your practical writings, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is so encouraging as I think about the kitchen floor that needs mopped. Do the mundane tasks really matter? Thank you for this good word this morning.

    Christy

    at tiddlywinks-christy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...