Do You Know What a "14er" Is?

mountains, God's expansive love
In my home state of Colorado, there are 58 mountain peaks exceeding 14,000 feet. They are popularly called “14ers” and some people make it their goal to climb them all. 

I think of 14ers when reading Ephesians 3:14-19 where Paul prays that the Believers will have the power “to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.” 

Imagine climbing the tallest mountain known to man. But when you reach the summit, you see an entire range of mountains, each higher than the last and more magnificent.

Such is the picture Paul paints of God’s love when he says in verse 19 “may you come to know his love—although it can never be fully known.”

Sometimes we forget that God is infinite—throughout eternity we will be learning new and wonderful things about His love, enjoying the magnificent scenery along the way! Take time today to thank God for his infinite majesty!
copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011 



If you'd like to receive Bible Love Note 1-minute devotions in your email box, sign up below--IT'S FREE. To start the subscription, you must validate the Feedburner email sent to your inbox.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

5 comments:

  1. Hey Gail! I love your blog! Unfortunately, I sometimes think that some people think of God the way they portray the mythical gods on TV, such as Neptune, or Zeus. I don't think people grasp the meaning of infinite or eternity. They don't understand that eternity actually means NO BEGINNING AND NO END. They don't understand that infinite is forever, or that God being a Spirit can be everywhere at all times, therefore we place our own limitations on Him and His love. I have to admit, when I first became serious about my relationship with Him, I couldn't imagine someone allowing themselves to be crucified for people who had turned against Him or had no idea of Who He truly was. It was unfathomable to me. I now understand after several years of prayer and study, but I know that it's going to take Him working on me a lot more and helping me to become more Christ-like, before I would ever consider doing that. In other words, I still don't know the depth of His love, as I have only seen a glimpse (His crucifixion) and what He has done for me (brought me out of). I am so thankful to Him for that, that if I don't see any deeper level of His love, I would be fine. This being said, in all reality, I know that it is our responsibility as Christians to grow and become closer and develop a deeper relationship with God, thus I continue to study and pray. The more I communicate with God the closer I become with Him.

    God Bless,
    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you had me curious. I had to find out what a "14er" was! This post reminded me of the verse that talks about God treading the tops of the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that message! You have a wonderful blog!! I'm your newest follower from the "Adorned From Above" blog hop - this is my blog if you wanted to follow back: godsgrowinggarden.com
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the uplifting message, and thanks for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    Bethany @ Whistle and Ivy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...