Distracted From Life

Mary and Martha, Luke 10:38-42, sitting at Jesus feet“Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made” Luke 10:40

 In the story of Mary and Martha (Luke 10:38-42), Martha is so busy preparing a meal for Jesus that she doesn’t have time to visit with Him!

I sometimes fall into this ‘Martha trap.’ When doing housework, helping my husband or preparing for guests. Even when I’m writing a devotion for Bible Love Notes, I can focus on writing something interesting and concise instead of carefully listening to what God in saying in the Bible passage. Perhaps you, my reader, are aware when Martha writes the devotion instead of Mary.

Or there are those times when I make a decision and realize afterward that I never prayed about it! 

If you also have this problem from time to time, would you pray with me: Dear Lord, remind me to sit at Your feet today.
copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011 
    If you'd like Bible Love Note's 1-Minute devotions delivered to your email: 
    For free email delivery enter your email address:


    FeedBurner will send you an email. Click the link in that email to start your subscription.

    4 comments:

    1. Happy Anniversary, Gail and Michael! SO grateful for you! Gail, thank you for gifting your readers with your biblical, insightful, powerful Love Notes. So often it seems that you have been reading my journal! Thank you for encouraging me in the most important relationship of all: the one I have with Jesus.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Wow! 41 years is awesome! Thank you for sharing your heart, and God's heart with the rest of us. You are a blessing!
      I pray that this year of marriage and ministry holds many blessings and joys.

      Also, your word today challenged me to listen to the Lord and fellowship with His Spirit first before anything else - even serving others in His name. Thank you!

      ReplyDelete
    3. It's always a blessing to hear that God works through something I've written. Thanks for sharing that with me.

      Yes, 41 years ago today I made the second wisest decision of my life. The first was when I decided to follow Christ.

      Thanking God today for my husband's love and my Savior's love!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Yes...I can certainly relate! Especially in the day to day.

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...