Cartoons or Cinnamon Rolls?

God's love, spending time with God
‘What time is it?’ I thought, opening my eyes. Two little smiles met my sleepy gaze. ‘Oh, yes,’ I reminded myself, ‘my granddaughters spent the night.’

“Would you like to watch cartoons?” I asked, hoping to get a little more rest.

“No!” said Gracie emphatically.

“I thought you liked cartoons.”

“We’d rather spend time with you, Grammy” said Emma.

cinnamon and butter everywhere!
Well, you can guess that’s all it took to get me out of bed and into the kitchen where my two helpers made a huge mess and a pan of cinnamon rolls.

So often my grandchildren make me think about my relationship with God.

How often have I chosen TV over time with God, and not because He wanted to sleep in! I want that to change...and it will when I truly come to realize this:

“A single day in your courts, [Lord], is better than a thousand anywhere else!” Psalm 84:10a (NLT)
copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011 

If you'd like to receive Bible Love Note 1-minute devotions in your email box, sign up below--IT'S FREE. (Be sure to validate the Feedburner email sent immediately to your email box.)
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

5 comments:

  1. Such a great reminder... not only to spend time with the Lord, but also with our little ones.
    They love to "help" around the kitchen and play pretend... we just need to take the time!

    Blessings, Gail!!!

    ~Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries, sweet Gail! Loved reading your marriage posts so come on by when you have them!
    Blessings,
    ~jolene

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post Gail- and I hope you had a wonderful time with your granddaughters. I haven't made cinnamon rolls in a while. Yum! They are one of my husband's favorite I know. -Nicole at Working Kansas Homemaker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail...this is an awesome and humbling reminder about time with God. And I love cinnamon rolls with my family, too. Thank you for sharing at WJIM. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this and placing it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...