If I Were God

"If I were God I’d have revealed myself  a better way than through the Bible.”


If I were God I wouldn’t have created a hell.”

If I were God I wouldn’t allow suffering in the world.” 

I’ve heard these statements and others like them. And I'm ashamed to say I've said similar things myself.

But when we make such statements, we are being incredibly arrogant:
  • Do we think we see the big picture like God sees it? 
  • Do we think God needs our advice? 
  • Do we really think we’d make a better God than God?
“Oh, what a wonderful God we have! How great are his riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his methods! For who can know what the Lord is thinking? Who knows enough to be his counselor?” Romans 11:33-35 (NLT)

If we were God, we wouldn’t forgive our arrogance...but He does!
copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011 

You can have 1-Minute Bible Love Notes delivered to your email box. Be sure to Validate the Feedburner email sent to your inbox.
For free email delivery enter your email address:


FeedBurner

2 comments:

  1. So thankful that God is God and not anyone else! Thanks for sharing this! We are now following from the hop. Abundant Blessings to you and your ministry!! Please stop by and follow us if you would like to.
    We have been having the same problem with our followers gadget:( Great idea writing to refresh on sidebar! Thanks!

    Cornelio & Marlene
    http://fanthefireministries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Well said.

    I am a new follower from the Friday Blog Hop. If you can return the favor, stop by http://messforless.blogspot.com and say hi!

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...