He Enjoys Us!

God enjoys us, Zephaniah 3:17
When my oldest granddaughter was a baby, I learned a wonderful lesson about God’s love. Six-week-old Emma had never said anything clever or done anything noble or good. She required constant care and gave nothing tangible in return. But whenever I held her, I was overcome with love and enjoyment for her. 

Zephaniah 3:17 says God “will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song.” (NLT)

Sometimes it's hard for me to understand how God can enjoy me. So many Christians have done truly remarkable things for His Kingdom. My contributions are so small. Then I think about how much I enjoyed my children and grandchildren before they offered anything in return, and I realize that's how God loves me.

Take that thought with you today--you're His beloved child, and He enjoys you!
© copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011

If you'd like to receive a 1-Minute Bible Love Note each weekday, sign up using the subscription tool on the right sidebar. And be sure to validate the Feedburner email sent to your inbox when you subscribe. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. "hen I think about how much I enjoyed my children and grandchildren before they offered anything in return, and I realize that's how God loves me.

    Take that thought with you today--you're His beloved child, and He enjoys you!"
    Thanks for this wonderful, much needed, encouragement today! Stopping by from A Holy Experience ~ many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a grandmother of 6 beautiful little one, I loved your comments today! And they are even more poignant as we rejoice over news yesterday that our son and his wife will welcome their firstborn in the spring - and our daughter and her husband will add a second in mid-June! Oh, the joy and the love that accompany these tidings! He is so good and yes, He rejoices over us. Have a wonderful week filled with Him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I came from Ann's blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember discovering that truth with my first born, I was blown away by that understanding. It's something I'm constantly working to remember, not only does God forgive me and love me he actually enjoys me! Great reminder. Thanks for linking up with Sister to Sister today!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...