Have You Folded Any Socks Today?

1 Thessalonians 5:17, pray without ceasing, pray continuallly
One afternoon I got a call from my four-year-old granddaughter Gracie. She was so excited she was slurring her words, and I couldn’t understand her.

My daughter got on the phone and explained they'd been doing laundry and she'd taught Gracie how to roll her socks into a little bundle. As soon as Gracie mastered the task, she asked, “Where’s the phone? I have to tell Grammy!”

I felt honored. The fact that sock-folding is somewhat insignificant actually made Gracie's call more meaningful. Gracie knows I love her, and anything important to her is also important to me.


It's just like my relationship with God--He knows everything, but He still loves hearing what’s on my mind, no matter how small. That's part of what it means to "pray continually" as we're commanded in 1 Thessalonians 5:17.
Gracie

Have you folded any socks today? God is eager to hear about it!
© copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011

I'd love to have you subscribe to Bible Love Notes. Just enter your email address below and be sure to validate your subscription by clicking the link in the FEEDBURNER email that will be sent immediately to your email box. Thanks! Gail
To receive a 1-Minute Bible Love Notes each weekday, enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

8 comments:

  1. Love this! Reminds me of what a friend says, "There are no 'Adults of God', only 'Children of God'" I am so grateful I can run to Jesus and tell him everything--big news and small--and know that he is delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I feel very much like a child today. I need my Father!
    Gracie called yesterday on the way home from the pool to tell me she had jumped off the diving board for the first time. Reminded me of this devotion that would be posted today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So needed this reminder! Thank you. Honestly, I clicked on the photo of Gracie b/c she was just so stinking cute! I'm glad I did.

    @Kim: Never thought of it that way, but am so grateful for your valuable post comment. I guess I never had words for that thought until now. :)

    Just hopped over from WLW Wednesdays. Please come by if you get a chance: http://wp.me/pYcKQ-bP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this!! Gracie is soo cute too!! You are so blessed with her. I haven't folded any socks yet today but I will always think of praying when I fold them from now on.

      Delete
  4. How cute! That's so fun. Great comparison too. Thanks for linking up to Titus 2 Tuesday. Hope to see you again next week.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the picture and post! I would be happy if you'd link this (or any of your posts) with my Tuesday link-up party at Courtship Connection. Here's the link: http://courtshipconnection.com/?p=2503

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet memory maker...sock folding is right up there with tying shoes, I'd say! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...