Did I Tell You My Brother Is a Song Writer?

Body of Christ, International family in Christ
Fifteen years ago, my husband and I slept on the floor of an old-grocery-store-turned-into-a-church in inner city Denver. We were with a group doing street ministry. During that week, we met the church worship leader, a humble man named Jude Del Hierro, who wrote the praise song “More Love, More Power.” 

Last fall while attending church at an old-theater-turned-into-a-church in inner city Budapest, the praise band sang “Több erőt, több szeretetet,” Hungarian for “More Love, More Power.” 

Revelation 5:9 says: “[Christ’s] blood has ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation.”

I’m amazed how similar and diverse my family is…the family of God, that is. Here I was—an American woman from North Carolina listening to my Hungarian brothers and sisters in Budapest, Hungary sing a song written by our Hispanic brother in Colorado. 

My God has ransomed men, women and children from every tribe, language, people and nation, and I’m one of them! Awesome!
© copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011

If you'd like to receive 1-Minute Bible Love Notes in your email box each weekday, sign up below. It's free! Be sure to validate the Feedburner email sent to your inbox when you subscribe.
For free email delivery enter your email address:


FeedBurner

1 comment:

  1. Gail....God can reach out and touch anyone anywhere any time through even one person. Thank you for sharing an incredible story at WJIM.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...