Beauty Treatment: Light Within

Inner Beauty, Light of Christ
People are like stained - glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.
Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

When I met Karen, cancer had already ravaged her body. She was weak and only occasionally came out of her room. I lived in her home six weeks, helping with chores and meals. And I observed her…

She had a soft glow…peaceful, grateful, smiling. Her five-year illness had left it’s mark, but she was still beautiful. It was as if she had a secret “beauty serum.”

“let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us…If you are filled with light, with no dark corners, then your whole life will be radiant...Psalm 90:17 (NKJV); Luke 11:36 (NLT).

Karen's beauty came from within and her "serum" was the beauty of the Lord, in Whom she trusted. This made the light shine through her difficult circumstances! 
copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011

Have my 1-Minute Devotions sent to your email box each weekday. It's free


Enter your email address

2 comments:

  1. The more I focus on the Lord, the more peace I have in my life- no doubt about it. I have started to make myself pause and think "Is this of eternal value or consequence?" when I'm in a situation and ask myself, "Is this what the Lord is leading me to do, or is this my SELF?" Thank you for your post! -Nicole @ Working Kansas Homemaker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such good questions to ask, Nicole. Thanks for sharing those and thanks for taking the time to comment.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...