Monday

Are You Uncomfortable With Mystery?

It would be nice to have an answer to every question we have about God and life, but it’s not possible.

Romans 11:33 says: "Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!"  

God is infinitely complex—beyond our limited human understanding.

I used to be uncomfortable with this mystery. Then someone told me it was a sign of God's greatness. If I completely understood Him, He'd be my equal!

God assures us we have every answer we need to live a godly life  (2 Peter 1:3) and we have His wonderful book of Love Notes to guide us. But we aren't capable of understanding everything God understands.

I'm grateful that God is 100% wise, just, loving and pure. And I'm learning it's more important to know the God who has all the answers than to have all the answers myself!
© copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011


Sign up below for a free subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes 

For free email delivery enter your email address:


FeedBurner

3 comments:

  1. Reading some of your posts tonight has really encouraged my heart. So glad I came across your blog. God bless you Mrs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that something I've written has encouraged you, and I pray that God will continue to touch your heart with His comfort and truth. Thanks for encouraging me by your comment. Gail

      Delete
  2. Hi Gail, such a great point, if we new everything about Him, He would not be a great mystery. Thanks for linking up again, I love seeing you there. It means someone on my page will get to read your awesome blog which I love! And I did take your link of the bloghop linky, lol! you are not alone in having put it there. And when (or if) you do start a linky again, I will most definitely be there to link up
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...