Life Expectancy

Life expectancy, Ephesians 2:10, living each day in God's purposes
American life expectancy is 78.2 years. 

My mother died at 66. 

I’ve been thinking about this lately—not at all in a morbid way—but just thinking now that I'm in my 60's too. 

We don’t know how long we have, and it’s good to occasionally think about the legacy we’ll leave behind. We all hope we'll “finish well.”
God planned things for me to do in my lifetime, things for me to do this year, this month, even this day. The same is true for you.

“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” Ephesians 2:10 (NLT)
The best legacy we can leave behind is one of obedience to God's purposes. Let's ask God each day what purpose He has for us.
© copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011 


If you'd like Bible Love Notes one-minute devotions delivered to your email box each weekday, sign up for a free subscription below. And make sure to validate the Feedburner email sent to your inbox when you subscribe.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Gail!! May God richly bless you as you seek to follow HIM! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Gail! What a blessing, may our Lord guide us to our daily purpose and richly bless our work in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO grateful that God had the "idea of you"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing you've been!! Happy 61st Birthday as I just read this a year late ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this message. I lost a friend in her mid 30s this week. It has shown me that life is fleeting and we must live life like it was our last day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry about your friend, Michelle.
      You're right--losing someone really does make us think about our lives.
      Bless you,
      Gail

      Delete
  6. what a blessing testimony, Gail!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...