Reading the Bible is One Way to Build Brain Cells While Building Faith - Romans 10:17

Bible Reading, Dementia, Reading Can Help Ward off Dementia
Researchers believe that people can decrease their chances of developing memory and cognitive loss by keeping their brains active.

Reading, language learning, word puzzles, and stimulating conversations build reserves of active brain cells which delay and/or diminish the symptoms of diseases such as Alzheimer’s. (Television viewing doesn’t help—in fact, some studies show it contributes to brain atrophy.)

Since reading is a brain-building activity, why not read the Bible? It has even more to offer.

Romans 10:17 says: “faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.”

Reading the Bible (God's Love Notes) offers dual benefits: it affects both the mind and the spirit, building brain cell reserves and “faith reserves.” 
© copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011  
I'd love to have you sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes 1-minute devotions--they'll be sent directly to your email box. But be sure to validate the Feedburner email sent as soon as you subscribe.


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

12 comments:

  1. Great truth, great benefits in an "all-of-the-above" sort of way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to know!! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post thanks for sharing...looking for to visit more...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail...I have heard this and love that God provided a way for us to benefit our health and spirit through things as simple as doing puzzles and memorizing. Thank you for sharing this at WJIM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Memorizing it is a great way to keep it always fresh and there when you need it. I'm sure that helps too!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. very neat thought! thanks for linking up at mercyink :)
    grace & peace,
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!! Reading the Bible and Bible Love Notes definitely will decrease the possibility of dementia and Alzheimer's. I really do believe this to be true.

    Thank you for linking up with me over at Haven of Rest. I look forward to reading your 'notes' each day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use to be so much better at memorizing things. I need to get back in the habit, for more reason than one. Thank you for the reminder and for sharing in the GRAND Social.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I, too, used to be better at memorization. I need to work harder at it, thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! I so believe in the many benefits of the Bible. I want to be a better student of the Word and encourage others in that area too. I'm actually giving away a Woman's Study Bible on my blog this week!

    Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Love this! yet another reason why staying in the Word is so important...and teaching our kids to read God's word at a young age as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I heard from a Dr. that the best thing you can do for your brain is EXERCISE! It increases oxygen to the brain. Puzzles, no. Take a walk and meditate/pray while you are walking!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...