Thursday

90% of the Time The Things We Worry About Don't Happen

Matthew 6:34, don't worry about tomorrow
Worry is a waste of time and effort...
 
"I’ve experienced many terrible things in my life, a few of which actually happened."   

You’ve probably heard the saying: “90% of what we worry about will never happen.” And worry doesn’t solve anything the other 10% of the time either. It’s a parasite that sucks the life out of us. 

Matthew 6:34 says “do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

God knows we have troubles, and He tells us we can handle them one day at a time with His help. But when we project our problems into the future, they seem impossible. That's because we leave out the comfort, hope, growth and strength God will give us tomorrow. 

Whatever problems you have, lay them at Christ's feet today. When you arrive at tomorrow, do the same. Christ will always be there to take them.
© copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011 

Sign up for a free subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes below: 
Enter your email address AND BE SURE TO VALIDATE THE FEEDBURNER EMAIL SENT TO YOUR INBOX:


Delivered by FeedBurner

10 comments:

  1. Thank you Gail, it's so true, we do "leave leave out the comfort, hope, growth and strength God will give us tomorrow." Great points. Thank you for sharing. I really love your linky, "Bless a Blogger Fridays" Just a beautiful idea. Blessings, Nona

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a worrier and I am not afraid to admit it.... I know this and the Lord has been working on me inmy trust and faith department for a long time. I love this verse and I say it A LOT!! Loving Bless a blogger!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping over from Bless a Blogger. Thank you for this lesson today. I do have a heavy heart today as protesters are possibly threatening my husband's job right now. Many things happened this week that are quite difficult to comprehend, but I know that worry will not bring about any kind of positive results. Thank you very much. May God bless you with His peace and joy today as you bless those around you. Blessings from Zagreb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true! This is worth remembering.

    Thanks for inviting me to be a part of Bless A Blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! God won't give us the grace for tomorrow today as we don't need it yet! We'll get it when we get there! Thanks for the reminder and for linking up to the "Making Your Home Sing Monday" linky party today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great reminder! I love the reason you gave for our worries seeming impossible to fix: "But when we project our problems into the future, they seem impossible. That's because we leave out the comfort, hope, growth and strength God will give us tomorrow." I don't think I've ever thought of it that way, but it is so true! God gives us the perfect amount of comfort and strength to handle everything that comes our way when we rely on Him. We can trust that He'll take care of our tomorrows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed. I read an interesting strategy for helping with this. Create a worry jar (or box). Every time you're worried about something, write it on a slip of paper, with the date, and slip it in the box. Sometime in the future, pull out the box and read through the things you worried about and notice how many of them actually happened.

    It's like you said, most of them most likely did not happen. So all that worry for nothing.

    Visiting from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy I need this reminder on a regular basis! Thanks! visiting from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always been a firm believer that 90% of the things we worry about never happen... The last 2 months I have worried about things going a certain way, banked on them not going that way, and they DID... in terribly ways, exactly what I worried about happened. So it was the first time I experienced the 10% side. hahaaa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Michele, there are those times when what we dread actually happens. : )
      Isn't it wonderful that Christ gives us comfort and helps us even when we face those 10%.
      Bless you, Gail

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...