Monday

Word Eggs

I admit that if you check out my site, you'll find I'm a bit over-the-top with decoupaging pages from wonderful old damaged books. I've made BOOKMARKS, BOXES, JOURNALS, and now these eggs.




Start with plastic eggs, Mod Podge, and old book pages.

I tore the pages into little pieces and using a sponge brush....


I started decoupaging. 




I have to tell you that I found this far more tedious than I thought it would be. So, I eventually started crumpling larger pieces onto the eggs. These first eggs done with small pieces looked better though, so you'll need to decide how much time you want to spend on this craft.



I dried them on a egg carton.










Next I printed the word egg in a number of different languages on several of the dictionary pages. 



And I decoupaged the names on each egg.

  


I also decoupaged two Scripture references on the eggs too: 
Job 6:6: "Is tasteless food eaten without salt, or is there flavor in the white of an egg?" I like this verse because I agree...eggs are tasteless without salt : )
  
Luke 11:10-13 talks about the fact that a loving father wouldn't give his child a scorpion if the child asked for an egg. Therefore, God will give the Holy Spirit to His children when they ask for it. I like this verse because I'm so grateful that the Holy Spirit guides, helps, and comforts me.



I've used these eggs in various decorating since making them. 

I like them on Easter with my Russian and Czech wooden egg collection (HERE) as well as in my Word Dining Room Decor (HERE).

Thanks for stopping by. While you're here, I hope you'll check out my home page that features one-minute devotions each weekday. My craft posts aren't sent to subscribers, but I'd love to have you sign up for a subscription to my devotions. 

God bless you, Gail

9 comments:

  1. Your eggs are so pretty. Very creative. I love decoupage! Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute project!! Thanks so much for sharing at Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch. I hope you will link up again. The party will be live with features tomorrow night. www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your comment and project at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you decorated plastic eggs with old book pages and words. Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are super fun! Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute idea! Love the verse from Job. Thanks for sharing!

    Please join us again Thursday at:
    The HomeAcre Hop

    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just finished my eggs which we will use as table decorations on Easter Sunday! I wish I had thought of using old Bible pages. I will have to keep my eyes open at thrift shops as we couldn't cut up our own xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...