Coconut White Chocolate Cookies

My hubby loves coconut.

But I've never really tried coconut cookie recipes, so I researched Pinterest and found this one from Cooking With Christine.

The ingredients are pretty basic: 
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup coconut
⅔ cups white chocolate chunks or chips 



I bought my coconut in bulk from Whole Foods because it doesn't have any additives and is unsweetened. And I used Trader Joe's white baking chips because they don't have hydrogenated oil in them. You could easily use whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour. I have some difficulty digesting whole wheat, so I typically use white.
  

First combine the sugar, butter and vanilla with an electric mixer. Then add the egg and beat well. Add the remaining ingredients and mix with a spatula.

Put a 2 T. ball of dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and flatten the ball, leaving room between for expansion.


If these were for me, I would have taken them out at about 12 minutes, but my husband loves crispy cookies, so I left these in a full 20 minutes.


My husband loved them. He said they were crispy with a great coconut flavor. He liked how the white chocolate complimented the coconut flavor, and he said they're not too sweet--just the right amount of sweet. He absolutely loves my chocolate chip cookies, and he said these might be his new favorite or at least equal to chocolate chip.



So, if you like coconut, you might want to give these a try.



What do you think?



While you're here on my blog, I'd love for you to check out my home page that features 1-minute devotions each weekday. Why not sign up for a free subscription. It's like an espresso shot of Scripture in your morning latte.









10 comments:

  1. Hi there! I am visiting from Make Your Home Sing Monday. Your cookies look wonderful! One would e perfect with my cup of coffee that I am enjoying right now :)

    I am now following you and I look forward to visiting again.

    Blessings and hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, these look yummy. I like my cookies crispy too. As a rule I don't like coconut but I think I'd like it baked INTO the cookie instead of scattered on top. Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm.. love coconut anything. I will have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh at the discrepancy of crisp or soft cookies, between you and Michael. I always made cookies crisp and now that the kids are grown they tell me they like them soft! Who knew!! They always ate whatever I made. When I asked Mom about that this past weekend, she said that cookies should be crisp, so you can dip them in your coffee. More like biscotti, I think. Maybe this was just the way my dad always liked them. We had a good laugh when I told her about my kids preference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love coconut!!! YUM!

    http://maryshealthymeals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love coconut and maybe should try some from Whole Foods. Do you buy it online or is it a store in the South? My husband doesn't like coconut unless it is fresh coconut you have to crack, LOL (he grew up in the Philippines :-)where there was LOTS of real coconuts. He might like the kind you are using and then I could get away with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whole foods is a health food grocery store chain. I know it's in the West as well as the South, but they must not have them in your area. But I would think they'd have the unsweetened coconut in most health stores and probably online. I can see why your husband would be picky about it being raised with lots of fresh coconut. : )

      Delete
  7. Looks delicious!! Thanks for sharing this at Romance on a dime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look yummy - great to discover your blog, Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have the most scrumptious cookie recipe! I'm hosting the ultimate holiday cookie recipe exchange extravaganza online at The Jenny Evolution and wanted to be sure to invite you. I hope you'll link up and see if you're highlighted later in the week :-)

    Jennifer @ The Jenny Evolution
    http://www.thejennyevolution.com/ultimate-christmas-holiday-cookie-exchange-round-up/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...