Buttery Shortbread



Maybe I like English Shortbread so much because my maiden name is Burton.

And it's really so simple ... just 3 ingredients. It's hard to understand why it tastes so great when it's so simple, but I think using high quality ingredients helps.
1 Cup Butter ♥ 1/2 Cup Sugar ♥ 2 1/2 Cups Flour 


You mix the sugar and butter, add the flour and make a stiff dough...it will be a little crumbly. Roll it on a floured surface and cut it in the shapes you desire. I decided to make rings of it, so I used a plate...

...and I cut around the plate with a knife. Then I used a "Home Made" stamp on it.



Then into the oven it goes at 300 degrees for 30 minutes. You can put the pieces close together on the pan since it doesn't expand. And even if the pieces cook together, they will break apart along the cut lines.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥


                               ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

                            ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥




                            ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

     I store mine in the frig since it has such a high butter content. 
If you've never tried making shortbread, I think you'll enjoy it. 


Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to have you leave a comment and also I'd love to have you check out my home page where I send subscribers a 1-minute devotion each weekday.     Gail



Why not Pin this!

16 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! I'll have to remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so good and so amazingly simple! wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look absolutely delicious! They'd be perfect for breakfast with a cup of fresh coffee! Yum! Thanks for sharing! Just stopping by from the GRAND Social Linky Party, hope you get a chance to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shortbread came out so pretty! I bet it tastes great too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are my favorite type of baking treats!!!! I use a very similar recipe. I normally use some type of flavoring from lemon, almond and vanilla pure extract to peppermint oil during Christmas for make those yummy treat very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so simple! I'll have to try this!
    (And I love your 1 minute devotions! Always just what I need.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll like the shortbread, Monica, and thanks so much for the kind encouragement about Bible Love Notes. : )

      Delete
  7. That sounds great- I'm always looking to try new variations & find new favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, now you've made me hungry!
    Linda @ The Hopeful Home visiting from R&R.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love shortbread. Thanks for the recipe! Hope you are having a good week. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful and look delicious! I also love your blue-and-white theme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great and simple recipe. I'll have to give it a try. Stopping in from The Grand Social.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's BEAUTIFUL! My boys love shortbread, as do I! Thanks for sharing this simple but yummy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Gail, this looks so yummy, thanks so much for sharing your recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore shortbread and made a Martha Stewart recipe once and it was good, but a lot of trouble. This seems so easy. Thank you so much for sharing. I plan on trying it soon and will make some for my friends for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...