Antipasto Salad

Bible Love Notes

This is an easy salad to put together, but it's really a nice addition to any meal. If you add some chicken, it can be a main dish. 

 
The day before I plan to serve the salad, I cut up bell peppers. This time I used red, yellow and orange because they look so pretty, but you can use any color. I marinate the peppers overnight in oil and balsamic vinegar. I don't measure, but I go light on the oil and heavy on the vinegar and fill it so it almost covers the peppers.



Then right before I serve it, I assemble it, starting with Spring Mix (baby greens). I love the affordable organic greens available at warehouse clubs. Both Sams and Costco sell 1 pound of these greens for less than $5.


Then I add fresh mozzarella cheese. This has such a nice texture in a salad and comes in a variety of sizes. If you buy a large ball of it, you can slice it. I bought it in small balls.







Then I added pepperoni that I cut in halves. This is the least healthy element of the salad because it has nitrates, but you can add any meat. You can now find some lunch meats that contain no nitrates in your regular grocery stores. Hormel and Oscar Meyer both have a line of these.


Then I layered all items on top of the spring greens, and drizzled on olive oil. Combined with the vinegar-marinated peppers, the oil makes a nice dressing. On top I grated Asiago cheese (my favorite type of cheese). Parmesan or Romano would also be nice, and you can also add black olives. I don't use all of the vinegar marinade from the peppers because it would make the salad too strong and soggy, but you can put a bowl of it on the side for people to add to taste.


I like this salad because it's a nice combination of colors, textures, and flavors.
 
While you're here, I'd love to have you check out my home page that features 1-Minute devotions. Why not sign up for a free subscription and receive an espresso shot of Scripture in your morning latte each weekday.
Bless you, Gail



9 comments:

  1. My pastor loves my cooking, but he has been dieting and suggested that make him an antipasto salad instead. Now that I have a great, easy recipe from your sight, I just might try it! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, link was wrong and I meant "site." Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you have no idea how yummy this looks right now! I can almost taste it. Thank you for sharing and thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummmy :-)have to try this one

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh looks so good
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delicious!!! Especially with fresh mozzarella cheese! Thanks for the food inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks really nice!! Thanks for sharing - I'll have to check out the organic greens at Costco next time I go. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good, Gail! I am Pinning it so I can find it easily. Thanks for linking this post up at WholeHearted Home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look forward to trying your recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...